Standard Supplementary Rules for Whangarei.
The Engine Warm Up Area must be used to run engines in. They
can not be run up in the Pits Area, car park or any other place
other than on the track.
must not be left lying on the ground around or on the Dummy
Grid. They must be stored beside the Pit Marshal's Shelter when
not in use.
When using track for practice or testing you must keep the gate
from Austin Road to the compound locked.
Effective from 1st January 2015 any person that drives a race kart on the
track must have either a Competition Licence, Vintage Kart Licence or a
Practice Licence issued by KartSport New Zealand, unless there is an
organised Have A Go Event.
On non race days the track is
available for use from 10
o'clock in the morning to
members that have paid their
Annual Membership Fee,
(except Christmas Day and New
Year's Day plus one full week
after a Race Day).
Important! Please check the
track to ensure it is safe to use
before driving on it.
Also please note that except on
a Club Day no engines can be
run after 5 p.m.
Only fully paid up members of the
KartSport Whangarei Club can use
the track and facilities at no extra
All other persons that go with you
to the track to drive a race kart
must have a current Competition
Licence, Vintage Kart Licence or a
Practice Licence and need to pay
$10 each time they go there.
IMPORTANT. They must sign the
indemnity Form that is kept in the
stainless steel cupboard on the
side of the Club House and deposit
the $10 in the slot beside it.
The Club's long standing safety rules for using the track for practice & testing are:
(Updated on 16th December 2011)
- Do not drive on the track when you are alone. One additional person 18 years or over must be
- All karts must comply with current kartsport nz rules and must travel in the same
- All driver's who are not club members must sign the indemnity form.
- Mixed age group practise is not permitted.
- Karts are not permitted to re-enter the pits area via the dummy grid. Driving in the pits is not
- Drivers must wear approved racing gear when operating a kart.
- All karts must comply with KartSport NZ noise regulations. No kart engine can be run before
10 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
- When the majority of those at the track agree the direction of travel can be in reverse
direction. That is anticlockwise.
- Karts must be pulled well clear of the circuit if a breakdown occurs. They must not be left
where they are a hazard to other karts.
- No trolleys or recovery vehicles are allowed on the track area when there are karts
- The chain barrier across the track must be removed before driving on the track and it must
be replaced after use of the track.
- The track is not open for use one full week after a race day and on Christmas Day & New Years Day.
- All air cooled engines EXCEPT Raket 85 and Raket 120 must have at least two complete rows of purpose built noise
suppression rubbers, heat silicon cord or silicon sealant fitted to the fins.
- Cars, Utes and other vehicles are not permitted onto the track unless specifically there for carrying out maintenance of
the track or grounds.
- Drivers are responsible for their Pit Crew's actions.
- Please ensure your pit space is clean and tidy when vacating.